1) BFC Partners, on March 4, filed a permit application for construction of a 376-unit, 293,286-square-foot residential building at 1607 Surf Avenue in Coney Island. According to the plans, there will be retail space in the basement. Of the total square footage, roughly 11,000-square-feet will be set aside for commercial use. The architect for the project is Sital Patel of S9 Architecture and Engineering.
2) Leser Group, on March 3, filed a permit application for construction of a 83,289-square-foot office building at 1508 Herkimer Street in Brooklyn. The building will be 100-feet tall and made up of 7 stories. According to the plans, there will be four retail stores located on the ground floor of the building.
3) Safe N Lock Self Storage, on March 19, filed plans to construct a 57,645-square-foot, 4-story, storage building at 1430 39th Street. Safe N Lock was busy in March, becoming permitted on March 24 to construct a 125,258-square-foot storage building at 87-16 121st Street in Richmond Hill.
4) Yoel Horowitz, on March 23, filed plans to build a 47,611-square-foot, 44-unit, mixed-use building at 407 Remsen Avenue in East Flatbush. The building plans show that part of the ground floor, roughly 5,700-square feet, will be set aside for commercial use. Asher Hershkowitz will be the Architect.
5) David Fischer, on March 4, filed for the construction of a 37,624-square-foot, 19-unit, residential building at 583 Albany Avenue in East Flatbush. The building will have residential units on floors two to six, according to the plans. The first floor will have space for retail, an eating and drinking establishment, and health care facilities. Vincent Martineau will be the architect for the project.
6) German School Brookly, on March 9, filed a permit application to build a 37,203-square-foot school building at 770 Sterling Place. The plans detail that the building will have offices, classrooms, room for storage, a gymnasium, bathrooms, and a library. In total, the building will be three stories high.
7) CAMBA Housing Ventures, on March 4, filed to construct a 36,767-square-foot, 57-unit, mixed-use building at 435 Hart Street in Bed-Stuy. Over half of the building will be used for community facility purposes, according to the plans. It will include offices, community rooms, and non-profit institutions. The 57 residential units will average 289-square-feet. The architect for the building is listed as Marvel Architects.
8) Bluejay Management, on March 30, filed a permit application to build a 32,956-square-foot, mixed-use building with 43-units at 45 Lenox Road in Flatbush. The ground floor will have a medical treatment center along with two dwelling units, according to the plans. Francisco Nunez of Studio Gallos is listed as the architect for the project.
9) Li Qing of Blue Mountain Capital, on March 27, filed plans for a new, 29,534-square-foot, 25-unit, multifamily residential building at 1054 41st Street in Borough Park. The building will be five stories high according to the plans. The average dwelling unit size will be 872-square feet. Angelo Ng & Anthony Ng Architects Studio is listed as the architect on the new project.
10) Zvi Ortner, on March 17, filed to build a 7-story, community faculty building, totaling 17,183-square-feet. Asher Hershkowitz is the architect for the project.